Friday, December 21, 2012

Purple and Silver Christmas Card

Our Creative Corner inspired this card with their purple and silver theme. I roughly Cased this card's design made by Windy at Case Study Challenge blog:



I used a stamp from the former Layers of Color to stamp the front: Hallelujah! Christ is Born. Instead of the swirl sparkles on top, I embossed the top with snowflakes and added sparkly silver glitter glue to the center of the snowflakes. I used a silver ribbon above a purple one tied in a double bow instead of two different bows. My silver flower embellishes the center of the bow instead of silver bells.



The inside verse comes from Isaiah 9:6 and is a Christmas Sentiment at Clear Dollar Stamps. When I read it I hear those words sung in my head in strains of The Messiah. We have a couple of organists in the family that would love this card! I hope the message blesses you!



I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:

Case Study Challenge #121 - (two ribbons, silver glitter dots, banner for sentiment, silver embellishment on bow, darker patterned paper on bottom third)
Our Creative Corner - Purple and silver Christmas
Twist of Faith Card Challenge #16 - Christmas
Word Art Wednesday #59 - Glory to God / Anything Goes
 

6 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

What awesome cards, Vickie! I love the big red and green bows on the first one, and the second one has such gorgeous color! Thanks for sharing in our challenge this week, and please come back soon. I always love to see your beautiful cards.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Anne-Marie said...

Vickie, anybody who knows me knows that this scripture from Isaiah is my most-loved of all, so I am delighted to see it on your stunning creation. The embossing is beautiful and I just love your choice of colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Twist of Faith, and I wish you, and yours, a Wonderful and Peaceful Christmas!

Gail said...

This is a beautiful card Vickie - wonderful scripture selection as well - thank you for entering your card in Twist of Faith challenge this week - please come back again - Gail Scott DT Twist of Faith

SusanLotus said...

Very beautiful and I love the sentiment on it! :)

Pauline said...

Such delicate creation, with such beautiful colours... Thank you for sharing at Twist of Faith!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Lisa M said...

Your inspirational card is gorgeous and I can see why you'd want to case it, but I love where it took you as far as inspiration. The depth of the snowflake embossing is wonderful and the sparkly center touches look terrific. Definitely a winner of a Christmas card in purple and silver. :)


Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again next week!
Lisa xx