Wednesday, February 27, 2013

VLV February Sketch 4 - Encouragement

Today I was talking with a friend who often feels defeated financially and with health problems. I was able to share specific instances in my own younger days that were identical to her issues. We talked about having that childlike trust in God, like children do with their parents, that He will provide the answers. I told her that someday she'll have this amazing testimony of what God did to help her out of that situation. I love the Psalms for expressing how much we need to lean on God through life's difficulties. The sentiment from Verve that I used today is a perfect reminder of that. I'm hoping this card will be an encouragement for someone in need.

Here is my last card for the Viva La Verve Challenge this month using their wonderful sketch.



One of the "zip strip" borders on the paper had buttons. That inspired me to put actual buttons slightly smaller in the same color on each of them.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Paper Playtime - Use a sentiment stamp
Tuesday Throwdown #136 - Thinking of You
Viva la Verve February challenge, week 4
Word Art Wednesday #69 - anything goes with scripture or encouragement



5" x 6.5" Encouragement Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart "Claire" paper pack (and a small older scrap for "ribbon")
Stamp - Verve Psalm 31:24 Plain Jane
Ink - CTMH Black, Outdoor Denim, Hollyhock
Accents - CTMH buttons, Hobby Lobby satin ribbon. unknown striped twill
Tools - Spellbinders Nestabilities, Martha Stewart border punch
 

7 comments:

Sandy said...

A beautiful CAS card, love the scripture, papers and fab layout. the row of buttons look great.
Hugs,
Sandy

Paula Bee said...

What a wonderful card! I love the buttons!

Karen Letchworth said...

Well, I really like this sketch and I also love Verve stamps. However, I have troubles loading photos in SCS, so that's why I haven't played along there in so long. I really like your card. The colors are great, and the sentiments and buttons are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing this in our challenge as well, Vickie. It's a blessing to have you join us. I hope you're having an excellent week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

stampingtink said...

Just beautiful! Great sketch and I love the colors and your papers and ribbons. Everything goes together so beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown and make sure to come back and play again next week!

Hugs,

Susan, TT DT

Shawnee said...

Very pretty card!! I love the paper that you picked for your project. The buttons are beautiful as well. Thank you for joining us at Paper Playtime!!

Sarah said...

Beautiful card! I love the buttons you've added and your sentiment stamp is wonderful!

Sarah said...

Oops! Forgot to say thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!